Daily Devotional Bible Verses
For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died; and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised. (2 Corinthians 5:14-15 ESV)
Through the cross…
- Jesus gives Himself as a ransom.
- Jesus forgives our trespasses.
- Jesus erases our debt.
- Jesus liberates us from sin.
- Jesus frees us from our futile ways.
- Jesus reconciles us to God.
- Jesus reconciles enmity between people.
- Jesus reconciles all things on heaven and earth to Himself.
- Jesus pays our penalty and removes our guilt.
- Jesus appeases God’s wrath and justice.
- Jesus upholds God’s righteousness.
- Jesus secures our redemption for eternity.
- Jesus models the ultimate denial of self.
- Jesus displays God’s power for our salvation.
The cross is much more than an instrument to just get us to heaven.
Meditate on the Cross of Christ today.